Buying things for kids is not as simple as it may sound. But things get a little easier when you know their interests, especially if one of them is a sport called hockey. If you’ve been wondering where to find the best hockey gifts for kids, wonder no more.
For this article, I made sure to find the top 10 hockey gift ideas that cover different ages and different price points. There’s no need to scroll online for hours anymore—simply take a look at this guide and prepare your credit card. You’ll find a little something for everyone.
And if you’re a parent of a young hockey enthusiast, you definitely need a guide for young players to get you more familiar with how to get started. For everything else, I’m here to give you a helping hand. Now, let’s get festive and review all the amazing kid hockey gifts I’ve included on the list. Please note this list contains affiliate links.
Our Top 10 Hockey Gift Ideas for Kids
|Product Name||Features||Product Rating|
|Let’s Play Hockey Board Book |
|CCM FitLite 3DS Youth Ice Hockey Helmet Combo |
|Power Play Box Subscription||4.7|
|Hockey Pencils and Erasers||4.7|
|NHL Hockey Jersey||4.7|
|Franklin Sports Mini Hockey Goal Set of Two||4.6|
|Painted Pastimes All You Need Is Hockey Ornament||4.6|
|CCM 600 Cut Resistant Neck Guard- Jr||4.5|
|Sport Squad HX40 40-Inch Table Top Air Hockey Table For Kids And Adults||4.4|
|Hockey Revolution Lightweight Stickhandling Training Aid||4.4|
Reviews Of Our Top Picks
To everyone looking for hockey toys for toddlers, your search is over! At this age, kids don’t really understand the game, which is exactly why it’s the best time to start educating them. And what better way to do that than with a book?
- 12 pages
- Six chunky and sturdy flaps
The Let’s Play Hockey board book is meant for children six months and older, and for parents who want to teach them the basics about this sport. Aside from the text, the book also features little flaps that kids can lift and open to reveal more about hockey.
- It’s interactive, with flaps to lift and open
- Kids from ages one to four can read, look, and learn
- It will help your little ones better understand the sport of hockey, and even help them learn how to read and pronounce certain words.
- Customers wish the book featured more text
Books are the biggest treasure you can give someone. It doesn’t matter if they’re young or old, this board book is one of my favorite things on the list.
Rated both as the best overall hockey gift for kids and the best value, this Let’s Play Hockey board book is a steal. It will give you hours of entertainment with your toddler, plus it’s a very educational toy.
Seeing a helmet as a gift would take any hockey lover high into the sky with excitement.
- CCM youth cage
- Multi-density interior foam
- Tool-free adjustment
- D3O Foam in the back
Best for young players from four to seven years of age, this is such a great gift for children who already have ice hockey skates and sticks, but are missing a helmet combo in their gear collection. Along with this gift, you will give them even more enthusiasm to practice and become better.
- It comes with a face cage to protect them at any time
- Very easy to adjust with several features specially made for children
- You can adjust the size as your child grows, so it’s a long-term investment
- It’s not a good fit for a kid with a round-shaped head
The CCM FitLite 3DS Youth Ice Hockey Helmet Combo is available in black and white. It’s rated very highly on my list because of the many happy customers and the fact that it’s high-quality equipment.
If you want to give the gift of surprise, this is the one! The Power Play Box Subscription comes in four variations: one for kids eight and under, another for ages eight to 12, one for 13 and over, and a goalie package for all ages.
- Training aids
- Gear & accessories
- Collectibles & wwag
- Snacks & more
The beauty of this subscription is that each month your kids will receive a box full of surprises, which can include footwear, shirts, training equipment, aids, snacks, and so much more.
- Four different subscriptions that are appropriate for different age groups
- Each month, your kids will find different items in their box and get excited over it
- If you choose a multi-month plan, you will get 15% off
- Your kids might not like all the items they’ll receive in their box
- You will have to pay for it for several months if your children like it, which can be costly
I love the idea of subscriptions and love how excited kids get when they receive their boxes. The best thing about this is that it’s age-oriented and the contents of the box can cost much more individually than what you’ve paid for it as a collection.
These 12 pencils in green, blue, black, and red look exactly like hockey sticks. If you have or know a kid who loves the game, it’s time to order these.
- 12 hockey stick pencils and erasers
- Nine inches long
Aside from being useful pencils and erasers, kids will do a great job of playing a pretend game of miniature hockey. You can sharpen the pencils from both sides, plus easily remove the eraser when necessary.
- The erasers are detachable from the pencils, so your little ones can easily put them on or take them off
- There are four different colors in the pack including blue, green, red, and black
- Kids can use the pencils to write and also play a game of fake hockey with a small ball
- The pencils can be a little difficult to sharpen
- They are not the highest quality pencils
Hockey pencils and erasers are such an affordable way to make a young someone happy. If you’re looking for hockey gifts that won’t break the bank, get these. The quality is decent and you can easily divide them and pack cute holiday gift bags for all the kids in the family.
Customized jerseys are the dream of every young child and parents who are fans of hockey.
- A jersey that comes in a variety of sizes
The option to customize it gives you the chance to add the name of a child or the name of their favorite player. You can even size up a little bit so that the jersey will fit them for a longer time.
- You can choose between many different NHL teams
- You can add a name to the back of the jersey
- High-quality, durable fabric
- It’s rather expensive, especially the youth sizes
- Kids can easily outgrow it
Getting a jersey from their favorite team or player is a dream for every hockey fan. Can you imagine your little one’s joy when they see this great gift? The material is high quality, plus it’s a customizable and unique idea.
Playing the game at home or outdoors on a small, improvised hockey rink is so much fun.
- Two collapsible insta-set folding goals
- Four mini hockey player sticks
- Two hockey goalie sticks
- Four soft foam mini hockey balls
- One easy-store carry bag
The hockey goal set comes in two variations, one black and the other red and blue. The black set is slightly pricier, so if you don’t mind the red and blue combo, you’ll be saving some cash.
- Easy to dismantle and put back together, so you can use it and take it everywhere
- Kids over three years of age can play with it, so it can be amazing entertainment for various ages
- You can use it both indoors and outdoors
- Made to play while kneeling
- It can break if you apply too much pressure
- Both of the goalie sticks in the red set are left-handed
I can’t help but recommend this set for everyone who wants to surprise the little ones in their lives. It’s the perfect way to keep them busy both indoors and out for a very decent price.
This ‘All You Need Is Hockey’ ornament might be affordable, but it’s also such a holiday treat. It’s something that kids and adults of all ages will be obsessed with.
- 3.5’’ x 4’’
This is initially a tree ornament, but who says you can’t hang it somewhere else in the house? It’s a black, laser-cut decoration made of wood. There is a rope loop that comes with it, which you can use to hang it.
- A durable ornament that will never go out of fashion
- Perfect for kids of any age, especially for the holiday season
- Some kids prefer toys over ornaments, so it’s not going to be the perfect gift for everyone.
This is a budget purchase that you can gift wrap in a pretty box or pair it with other similar gifts. I love the fact that it’s made of wood and that young kids will appreciate it even more when they grow up.
If you want to pick a gift from the equipment category, but you’re on a budget, this is it.
- 1680D polyester and foam material
- Velcro strap closure
This neck guard is so beneficial for all young hockey players. Gear is the favorite thing of so many youngsters, so you might even become the favorite aunt or uncle after getting them this guard. You can find the CCM 600 Cut Resistant Neck Guard in a youth size as well.
- The arched shape of the design makes it comfortable to wear and adapts well to the neck
- The foam padding will prevent neck lacerations, injuries, and irritation
- BNQ-certified technology
- It can retain sweat easily
- It has to be washed more often after use to prevent irritation from sweat
Thanks to the soft liner on the inside, kids will feel comfortable wearing the guard. It’s really important to teach them at a young age how to protect themselves. Plus, this guard contours to the shape of the neck, making it very comfortable to wear.
It’s time to start a game, but do it in your house.
- Two air hockey strikers
- Two pucks
- Two goal boxes
- A flat board
Imagine having an actual air hockey table that you can use to play with your kids. This one is meant to be placed on flat surfaces, and I promise you’ll have a blast.
Although the air is not strong enough and the motor can be a bit loud, this is still one of the best games for kids who love hockey. Even those who are not interested in this sport will probably become hooked on playing on the air hockey table.
- It only takes five minutes to put together
- It brings the whole family and friends together because multiple people can play at the same time
- You have to use the adapter all the time
- You need to place it on the floor, on a table, or on a flat surface, but because it’s quite big it can take up a lot of space
- There is no on and off switch, so it starts right away
Although this looks like quite an investment, you won’t be sorry that you’ve bought it. The design is portable, you can take it anywhere with you, and it features great quality.
This adaptable, dynamic tool is one of the best hockey gift ideas for kids who want to practice their skills.
- Adaptable training tool made of ribs
- Swedish wooden ball
The best thing is that, with a single training aid, kids can improve a number of their skills including basic body movements, reaction, coordination, vision, and more. The ribs are adaptable and you can set it indoors or outdoors.
- Comes with an interactive training app, which is very useful
- Great for kids of various ages, who can practice their skills
- Kids can improve their puck control and stick-handling, train peripheral vision, and improve coordination with a single training aid
- The plastic appears a little cheap and can break if you use force
- Moves a lot, and customers wish it was heavier and stayed in place
- It’s fairly expensive
In my opinion, this is a gift you want to consider for kids over five or six who are really interested in the sport. It will not only get them more involved in hockey but help them further develop their motor skills instead of staring at their phone all day long.
Key Things To Know When Buying A Gift For Kids
The price of the gift doesn’t always matter when you’re buying for children. They do not measure their happiness according to the money you’ve spent. That’s why you should set a budget first, then find something within that limit.
If you’ve decided to purchase a hockey jersey, make sure you know the size you need. This applies to clothing and footwear, even if you decide to opt for a subscription box.
Kids of different ages have different interests. You should not get the same thing for a toddler as you would for a six-year-old. Learn more about why they like hockey and the things they already own that are related to this sport. The safest options are always books or clothing.
What Hockey Gift Should I Get For A Toddler?
Toddlers sound like the hardest age group to choose a gift for. Our favorite pick is the Let’s Play Hockey board book, which is the most affordable thing on the list as well. Let the little ones start with the basics of hockey while also having fun lifting the flaps.
How Can I Pick The Best Gift?
There isn’t a secret tip that will help you choose a great gift for kids. As I mentioned before, talk to them or to their parents, to learn more about what they already have and what they want to own.
The Final Verdict
It’s really hard to draw a final conclusion, especially because all this hockey stuff for kids is so innovative and will bring joy to your little ones. If I had to pick favorites, it would definitely be the Let’s Play Hockey board book and the CCM FitLite 3DS Youth Ice Hockey Helmet Combo.
The book is not only the overall best gift but also the most affordable one. Perfect for ages 1 to 4, it helps the little hockey enthusiasts know the basics of the game, learn how to read, and learn new words too.
The helmet combo is a costlier alternative but totally worth your money. I would gift it to a young player who already has the rest of the equipment but is missing a helmet. This is a very valuable gift that can last for almost a decade.